CoDrone – Learn to code your own drone to fly
Have you wanted to code your own drone to fly the way you want it? Robolink’s CoDrone may be what you are looking for. A cool concept (and Kickstarter project), according to Robolink, you can easily program it to do such things as following you, fly through a maze, track your movements … you are limited only by your imagination … and programming ability ! 🙂 Check out the above video to find out more about this code and play drone kit.
Kickstarter campaign results as of Feb 3, 2016 was 790 backers pledging $141,440. Check out their Kickstarter campaign page for more details.
First you build your drone with components included in the CoDrone kit:
- Controller building set (joystick, various frames, battery pack, etc)
- Inventor board (programmable Arduino compatible board)
- Lipo battery
- USB battery charger
- Bluetooth module
- USB programming cable
Next you learn how to code your new quadcopter via step-by-step tutorial videos that are available in the Robolink community website which will help you through the process of coding your little drone.
CoDrone Tech Specs (from Kickstarter campaign page)
- Flight time – up to 8 minutes
- Battery charging time – 40 minutes
- Max flight distance – 160 ft.
- IR sensor
- Gyroscope – 3 axis gyroscope and 3 axis accelerometer for altitude control
- Barometer sensor for altitude control
- Optical flow sensor for hovering
- Bluetooth 4.0
- Dimensions – 133mm x 133mm (5.2in x 5.2in)
- Weight – 37g (1.3oz)
Images: CoDrone KS campaign