Throw and Follow Selfie Camera Drone Lily
Lily is the first throw-and-shoot camera. All you have to do is throw it in the air to start shooting. Lily flies itself and uses GPS and computer vision to follow you around. Lily is waterproof, ultra-compact, and shoots HD pictures and videos. Lily tracks a small tracking device that you keep with you and uses computer vision to optically follow your features. It can shoot 1080p HD video at 60fps, or for Slo-mo 720p at 120fps. It’ll also shoot 12-megapixel stills and it can make a cool 360-degree panorama loop around you. It can fly 25 miles per hour, is waterproof with a rating of IP67. It lasts up to 20 minutes on a charge and has range up to 100 feet.
Lily drone and tracking device
Drone specs and features from the Lily website :
- Throw and Go
- Shot / follow, lead or loop
- Full HD SloMo 1080p HD video at 60fps / 120fps Slo-mo at 720p
- Take pictures : 12MP stills
- Easy Landing
- Built-in Lithim-Ion battery
- 2-hour charge time
- 20 min flight time
- Tracking Device (and Waterproof Case)
- Waterproof rating of IP67; body is sealed and its motors are insulated. Lily also floats so you can safely land it in water.
- Flight distance
– max altitude about head = 50ft (15m)
– max distance from user = 100ft (30m)
- Flying max speed of 25 mph (40 km/h)
- Ultra Portable
- Dimensions: 10.29in (26.1cm) x 10.19in (26.1cm) x 3.22in (8.18cm)
Update January 2016:
Lily indicates that they plan to start shipping units in Summer 2016. Also, they have said they have collected $34 million in pre-orders for 60,000 units. Wow !