Drone captures beauty in Kyoto outskirts -京都郊外のドローン映像
Take a virtual trip over some of the beautiful areas that lie outside of Kyoto Japan. Using a DJI Phantom 3 Professional rig, Awa Drone did some great piloting combined with fantastic video production technique to give the virtual tourist a lovely aerial trip over some of the main attractions around the outskirts of Kyoto.
The aerial tour includes:
- Fushimi (Momoyama) Castle
Fushimi Castle, also known as Momoyama Castle, is located in Kyoto’s Fushimi Ward. A replica of the original for which construction began in 1592 by Toyotomi Hideyoshi and intended as his retirement palace.
- Miyama Village
Flyover of the river and fields and traditional grass thatched roof houses. The village was merged with other nearby towns to create the city of Nantan.
Drone piloted along this river and valley which is located on the western outskirts of Kyoto. Arashiyama is a nationally-designated Historic Site and Place of Scenic Beauty.
- Ono Dam
Fly above to capture this beautiful dam and area from all angles … located in Nantan, Kyoto
- Other flyover sites include, Tenryuuji, Senkouji, the Hozu River, and Togetsukyo Bridge
Other Japan castle drone video flyovers of possible interest:
- Drone Footage of Matsumoto Castle a National Treasure located in Nagano Prefecture
- Aerial view of Matsuyama Castle in Ehime Prefecture captured in 4K UHD
- DJI Phantom captures from the air Osaka Castle
DJI Phantom 3 Professional
Image: Phantom 3 Professional
Some features of the quadcopter used to capture the flyover video:
- Included 4K Video at up to 30 frames per second
- 12 Megapixel Photo Camera
- Integrated 3-Axis Stabilization Gimbal
- Easy to Fly, Intelligent Flight System
- Live HD View –
- Dedicated Remote Controller
- Powerful Mobile App w/ Auto Video Editor
- Vision Positioning for Indoor Flight
- Safety feature: Beginner Mode
– can be set to fly only within a given distance and altitude from you, protecting the drone and making it automatically stay within desired limits.
- Autopilot features
– Auto-Takeoff – with a tap of the DJI Pilot app, drone will turn on motors and rise to pre-set height and hover until further direction
– Auto-return home – when GPS is available drone will remember exact spot a take off and return to that location with a tap of a button
– Failsafe – if battery is running low or drone loses remote controller connection, it will return to the takeoff point and land